Prof. Jiahui Huang was born in 1974, Sichuan, China. He received Bachelor Degree from Jilin University in 1999, and Ph. D. Degree from Jilin University in 2006. He was a postdoctoral in Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan, under the supervision of Professor Masatake Haruta (2006-2009), and then promoted as specially assigned assistant professor (2009-2012). In 2012, he was awarded the "1000 Young Talents Plan", and appointed as Professor in physical chemistry at Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Heterogeneous catalysis by gold clusters, including: 1) developing novel methods to efficiently prepare gold clusters; 2) exploring the interaction mechanism between gold clusters and supports, especially metal oxides; 3) exploring the active sites for activation of small molecules such as H2 and O2 over gold cluster catalysts; 4) Catalytic applications of gold cluster catalysts in selective hydrogenation of α, β-unsaturated aldehydes (or ketones), alkynes, and alkenes; 5) catalytic applications of gold cluster catalysts in selective oxidation of alkanes, alkenes, alcohols and aldehydes; 6) exploring the catalytic applications of gold clusters in organic synthesis.
1. Takashi Takei, Tomoki Akita, Isao Nakamura, Tadahiro Fujitani, Mitsutaka Okumura, Kazuyuki Okazaki, Jiahui Huang, Tamao Ishida, Masatake Haruta. Heterogeneous catalysis by gold. Adv. Catal. 2012, 55, 1-126;
2. Jiahui Huang, Takashi Takei, Hironori Ohashi, Masatake Haruta. Propene epoxidation with oxygen over gold clusters: role of basic alkali salts and hydroxides. Appl. Catal. A, 2012, 435-436, 115-122.
3. Caixia Qi, Jiahui Huang, Shuangquan Bao, Huijuan Su, Tomoki Akita, Masatake Haruta. Switching of reactions between hydrogenation and epoxidation of propene over Au/Ti-based oxides in the presence of H2 and O2. J. Catal. 2011, 281, 12-20.
4. Jiahui Huang, Enrique Lima, Tomoki Akita, Ariel Guzman, Caixia Qi, Takashi Takei, Masatake Haruta. Propene epoxidation with O2 and H2: identification of the most active gold clusters. J. Catal. 2011, 278, 8-15.
5. Jiahui Huang, Takashi Takei, Tomoki Akita, Hironori Ohashi, Masatake Haruta. Gold clusters supported on alkaline-treated TS-1 for highly efficient propene epoxidation with O2 and H2. Appl. Catal. B 2010, 95, 430-438.
6.Jiahui Huang, Tomoki Akita, Jeremy Faye, Tadahiro Fujitani, Takashi Takei, Masatake Haruta. Propene epoxidation with dioxygen catalyzed by gold clusters. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 7862-7866. (Selected as Hot Paper, and highlighted by Chemistry Word, Oct. 06, 2009).